Monday, January 24, 2011

Light Graffiti

When you can't do graffiti because you don't have spray paint? and sketching is boring, what do you do!? Something that seems to becoming more and more popular is light graffiti. Light graffiti is a new hobby of mine, that I figured out how to do late spring of 2010. How to do light graffiti is you take a camera and put it on a long shutter speed to keep the lens open for longer. Then you want to make sure you have a tripod on you. It will make it easier to run around and make your own creation. Lastly, you need some type of fluorescent light and there you go! The rest is your imagination. I've probably done over 500 different pictures of light graffiti since I've started. I'm not by any means a professional. I don't have the tools nor the knowledge to do amazing pictures like other people, but I do have fun.


After making so many of these, I felt like I needed to expand the idea inside the limitations of what I have and can do. After thinking for awhile, I came up with an idea. I want to have some sort of remembrance for everyday that I live, but how am I going to do that? By days. When I started this, I've been alive for 6871 days. It shows a different perspective of life. How young I am, but how long I have been alive for.

Week One:
Love The People Around U

Live your life, not anothers. I find much of the world tries to be someone who they are not. It could be a movie star, your grandpa, your friend, a basketball player, etc. There's nothing wrong with looking up to someone, but be yourself. Live your life, not anothers.

Press Repeat. My repetitive life. School, homework, work. I feel like sometimes I'm just stuck on repeat. Luckily I find time to get out and do stuff here and there.

Hard work pays off! I got a raise today(Jan 20th) and a promotion in my position. Making another 1.10 more! I know that might not seem like a lot to some, but regardless, I'm proud of myself. And proud to be doing/learning more!

Let go of chronic stress. I notice I haven't been acting exactly like myself towards others recently. I believe the reason is because I've been holding too many things in. Today is to for say "Forgive & Forget." Apologize to others as well as myself for the wrong things I've done in the past. I think that will take some weight off my shoulder. And maybe increase my mental health.

I Feel Wanted. I went back to opening Saturdays at work. Every Saturday these 4 old ladies come in and I know exactly what they want and we talk for a few. They told me they were glad I was back to opening Saturdays because I'm real sociable and they enjoy seeing me. Also others were glad I was back to being there in the mornings. Anyways, as corny as it seems, they made my day.

Stand Tall. Everyone has hard times in their life. Even though my road is pretty smooth (minus a few little speed bumps) that everyone has to keep their head up, and stand tall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


This doesn't only just keep memories forever, but makes me want to accomplish something everyday. I also feel like I have to remind myself of things I struggle with, things that should be important to me that are not, this is my posted note. So if I feel like I'm not doing something, and I'm not fixing myself for the better, what am I going to write about?..

Follow me on Flickr

Also, follow me on Facebook. I might start a fan page for all my start stuff and ish. My Facebook

Signing Out, and yes, I am Above The Norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment